Photo Credit: fleetwoodrv.com
Are you a consumer who has an account with Consumer Reports? Do you prefer to know what other consumers recommended products of choice are? Many prefer to buy products that have a good consumer backing or are recognized for their quality. Well, Fleetwood has a Class-A motorhome that has won recognition.
The 2013 Fleetwood Discovery Class-A diesel motorhome has won the 2013 RV Pro Best of Show. The 2013 Discovery is offered in 7 different floor plans ranging from 37 feet 7.5 inches to 43 feet 4 inches in length. All of these floor plans are designed to be more livable and comfortable. Some of the interior features include a central vacuum system, a complete PEX plumbing system, crown moldings and hardwood cabinet doors and drawers. The drivers seat and front dash area feature color back-up monitor with side mirror cameras, cruise control, a manual driver side pull-down shade, dual dash monitors and a power entry step cover among others. Safety features of the 2013 Fleetwood Discovery include a carbon monoxide, smoke and propane detectors/alarms, energy management system and multiple seatbelt locations throughout.
The exterior of the 2013 Fleetwood Discovery features weather pro power awnings, molded fiberglass roof, dual pane windows with screens and an exterior entertainment center with a 32-inch LCD HDTV. Large compartment doors with lighted luggage compartments help to store all of your gear. A touch sensor tank monitoring system will also keep you up to date. Five exterior graphics are available to choose from with one that is bound to catch your eye. All of this and more are available on the 2013 Fleetwood Discovery starting at $265,408.
For more information about the 2013 Fleetwood Discovery Class-A diesel motorhome, visit fleetwoodrv.com. And to view the Discovery for yourself, visit your new and used New York Fleetwood RV dealer, Jim’s RV!
Although we generally equate summer with outdoor activities, winter has quite a few outdoor activities to offer as well. One such outdoor snow activity that everyone can enjoy is walking on snow or snowshoeing. Aside from being a fun activity, there are many benefits of snowshoeing that make it an activity anyone can do.
As a winter sport, Snowshoeing does not require any specific technical skills, unlike skiing or snowboarding. Also unlike skiing or snowboarding, there is not lift ticket purchase necessary as you can enjoy this sport anywhere there are trails or open spaces to roam. Another benefit of snowshoeing is that it provides a great workout, one that can hold up against your routine at the gym. Although you won’t need much practice to master snowshoeing, the first few times you go out, you may need to take it a little easy to build up some stamina. Be sure to dress appropriately for the cold and wet conditions as well. Reviewing a safety checklist before hand and having the proper equipment on your feet are also important to do. The following tips will also help when you are just beginning snowshoeing.
1. Take it easy; don’t push yourself too hard at first.
2. Take breaks to enjoy the scenery.
3. Make sure you stay hydrated and drink lots of water.
4. Dress appropriately in layers to stay warm and dry. This will help you to enjoy your trip much more.
5. Take a small backpack with you and pack some extra snacks, water, gloves, hat, compass, first aid kit and anything else you think may come in handy.
6. Make sure you always tell someone where you are going and when you expect to return.
7. When you go snowshoeing as a group, let the fittest go first to break the trail in. This will slow them down and let the rest of the group catch up.
For more information on starting and enjoying snowshoeing, visit trailerlife.com. And let us know the next time you visit your local new and used RV dealer, Jim’s RV how your snowshoeing adventure was!
Photo Credit: jayco.com
There are many ways in which we can all help to protect and keep the planet and environment clean. We all have to share this earth with one another, so it’s important that we all pitch in to help. We have all heard of several ways in which we can do our part such as recycling, reducing our waste and driving less. Jayco also wants to do their part to help the planet, and so they have launched a long-term sustainability initiative program.
Jayco’s sustainability program is called EcoAdvantage, and it is their way of insuring that their products and processes have a minimal negative impact on the environment. The program is focused on better ways of building better RV’s that use fewer natural resources. There are seven goals that Jayco has set forth to achieve through their initiative.
1. Landfill free by 2015 – Jayco has moved recycling bins around, educated their employees and worked with their suppliers to help reduce packaging.
2. Reduce freshwater use – Jayco plans to use water runoff for their operations. Their goal is to use rainwater in three of their major production facilities by the spring of 2013.
3. Use more sustainable materials – Materials will be re-used, packaging improved and plans with suppliers will be made for the use of more sustainable parts.
4. Use less energy – Jayco has a goal of using 40% less energy by 2014 by upgrading facilities and production processes.
5. Promote Green Efforts – Try to involve RV owners, suppliers and competitors in the process of improving the environment.
6. Streamline – Jayco will streamline their processes to help reduce energy use, increase efficiency and limit waste.
7. Reduce Product Weight – Jayco has committed to reducing the weight of their products to help their customers achieve better fuel efficiency in turn leaving less of a footprint on the planet.
To learn more about Jayco’s EcoAdvantage program visit jayco.com. And stop by your local New York new and used RV dealer, Jim’s RV, for some ways you can also help protect and keep the environment clean.