Whether you live in a house or apartment and travel periodically, own a recreational vehicle and travel frequently, or live full-time in your RV, one of the things you have to take care of is your health. Without it, you won’t feel like doing much of anything much less traveling the scenic highways of America.
Along with eating healthy foods, a solid exercise regimen is something you’ll want to take along for the ride. It doesn’t have to be time consuming or difficult, just activities to help keep you fit as a fiddle. At Jim’s RV Center, our online accessory store has everything from games for mental health to clocks and journals to track your progress.
Make a checklist for both eating and exercising to help keep you on schedule. Keep it light, simple and fun because, after all, you’re on a travel adventure.
- Several things to bring along include a jump rope, stretch band and weights. Each takes up little space but pack a huge wallop in the exercise and workout arena. Incorporate each one into a daily routine to stay toned and honed.
- You’re traveling and stopping at places along the way to camp which probably have ideal locations for exercising. If you’re staying in national parks or resorts with nearby parks or trails, take a hike since walking is an exercise that addresses the entire body.
- Bring along a bicycle or rent one if you’re in a park. Pedaling gives your leg muscles a solid workout plus you get to enjoy the passing scenery.
- Place an exercise mat on the floor and do a few floor exercises like stomach crunches. If you have an exercise video, bring it along so you’re not doing your exercises alone. Add variety to your sit-ups and crunches with a few jumping Jacks and windmills.
- If you’re a Yoga enthusiast, you already know the benefits to the mind and body when doing your routine. For beginners, Yoga is a gentle and relaxing way to start the day inside the RV or outside in the wide open spaces.
- Be consistent whatever your routine may be.
Give us a call at Jim’s RV and let us get you on the right track to exciting destinations with accessories for your journey to help stay fit.
Photo by ninacoco (Flickr Creative Commons)
Nothing says it’s spring time like a road trip with your motorcycle or ATV in tow, and the 2014 Jayco Octane T24Z is the perfect RV for the journey. A combination of practical storage for your precious toys and luxuries to help you feel right at home — the 2014 Octane is ready for your biggest adventures.
The Octane T24Z Floorplan
Wake up well-rested every day after a good night’s sleep in the Octane T24Z. In the front of this toy hauler, you’ll find a comfortable queen bed with plenty of closet space and a large bathroom for rinsing off the dirt after a long day on the trails.
A few steps toward the rear, and you’ll find a large kitchen with dual sinks and a three-burner range. The nearly 12-foot-long cargo area of your RV conveniently doubles as seating space as well as sleeping space with a fold-away dinette, a comfortable fold-away sofa and a dual electric queen bed to accommodate as many campers as you can invite.
Interior Comfort in a Toy Hauler
Toy haulers are typically known for their practical uses more than their interior comforts, but the Octane T24Z ensures you get the best of both worlds. From the 22-inch LCD HDTV in the living space to the hardwood cabinetry, Diamondflor flooring and the shower skylight, you’ll notice fine touches from floor to ceiling.
In the cargo space, you’ll appreciate the 7-foot ramp door with a wide opening to suit large ATVs. And the floor-mounted tie-down rings, garage vents, rear ramp lights and non-skid flooring are just a few of the features that make your cargo space more functional and convenient than others on the market.
The 2014 Jayco Octane T24Z at Jim’s RV Center
With high-end residential features and the practical garage space you need in a toy hauler, you simply can’t go wrong with the brand new Jayco Octane T24Z, and we’ve got it right here at Jim’s RV Center. Make us your go-to New York RV center for all of your RV sales, service, parts and accessories needs, and we’ll ensure you enjoy the best possible New York RV lifestyle.
Something about the warm weather of spring makes us turn to lighter and fresher meals than the cold months of winter. And believe it or not, many fresh springtime meals are easy to cook in a small RV kitchen. Try these delicious recipes, and you’ll have two new go-to meals for your RV travels.
Baby Spinach Salad with Raspberry Dressing
What You’ll Need
- 6 cups baby spinach (washed)
- 1 nectarine (cut)
- 1 red bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1/3 grapeseed oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Mix the vinegar, ground pepper and oil together in a small bowl for your salad’s dressing.
- In a separate (large) bowl, toss the nectarine pieces, baby spinach and red bell pepper together.
- Toss the salad with the vinaigrette and enjoy.
Lemon and Dill Chicken
What You’ll Need:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil on medium-high heat.
- Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken and sear them in the skillet until both sides are browned.
- Remove the chicken from the heat and wrap it in tin foil.
- Lower the heat to medium and add the remaining olive oil to the skillet. Saute the onion and garlic for one minute, then add 1 tablespoon of dill and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to the pan. Whisk the mixture for about three minutes.
- Unwrap the chicken from the foil and saute it in the pan on low heat until it’s fully cooked.
- Add salt and pepper to the sauce remaining in the skillet and spoon it over the chicken when serving. Garnish each piece of chicken with the remaining fresh dill.
Before you hit the road for your springtime travels, be sure to stop by Jim’s RV Center — your local New York RV dealer. Our goal is to provide you with everything you need to enjoy your recreational vehicle in New York and everywhere beyond.
Photo by Rebecca Sims (Flickr Creative Commons)
Once the RV travel bug has bitten you, the idea of finding the right RV for your specific travel needs can be stressful. Some RVs are more suitable for families, some are more fuel-efficient and some are built for off-road adventurers. However you like to travel, the perfect motorhome, travel trailer, fifth wheel or pop-up is out there waiting for you — you just need help finding it.
What Is Your Intended Use?
Before you start searching for Class A motorhomes, toy haulers or luxury fifth wheels, you’ll want to consider your plans for your RV lifestyle. Would you like to live in your RV full time? Do you like to take your motorcycle on your travels?
Depending on how many people you travel with, how much time you plan to spend in your RV, the type of campgrounds you intend to visit and how far you plan to drive, the style of RV that is perfect for you could be very different than your neighbor’s.
What Is Your Budget?
As with most big purchases, the RV you choose depends very much on your budget. This is where it becomes tricky to decide between a towable RV or a motorhome. If you decided to purchase a towable RV, you also need to consider the price of the vehicle needed to tow it. Similarly, some motorhomes are more fuel efficient than others, and a diesel engine can cost you more money upfront but save you big bucks on fuel down the road.
Let Us Help You
Here at Jim’s RV Center — your New York RV dealer — we know how to match you and your family with the RV that will suit your needs and exceed your expectations. You can rest assured that we’ll consider all of the best options for you and provide an incredible selection of new and used RVs for sale, so you can find the perfect balance between your budget and the lifestyle you desire.
Our staff has been awarded the “Customer Service Satisfaction” award 11 times by Fleetwood, and with over 170 years of combined sales experience, our goal is to get you off our lot and into your dream RV lifestyle today.
Photo by Vicky Frank (Flickr Creative Commons)