Living the RV lifestyle doesn’t mean you need to simplify your meals or dine at restaurants every night. There are an abundance of easy but flavor-filled recipes available to help you enjoy meals on the road as much as you would at home. This mouthwatering recipe for Empress Chicken Stir Fry will instantly become a family favorite, and it’s ready to eat in just 20 minutes.
Empress Chicken Stir Fry
What you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 3 garlic cloves (peeled and chopped)
- 1 medium onion (peeled and sliced into half moons)
- 2 scallions (finely sliced)
- 4 to 5 dried red chilies (if you like spice)
For the sauce:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 small thumb-size piece of ginger (peeled and grated)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Start by whisking the cornstarch and soy sauce together in a medium-size bowl until the corn starch has dissolved. Whisk the vinegar, ginger, chicken broth and sugar into the mixture. Set the sauce aside.
- Put the chicken pieces and egg into a bowl and mix them together with your fingers.
- Slowly stir in the cornstarch until all of the pieces are evenly coated. Use more cornstarch as needed.
- Place the vegetable oil and chicken in a pan on high heat. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add the garlic and onions and cook for 3 minutes until the onions are translucent. Add the chicken and stir.
- Whisk the sauce, then pour it over the chicken and the onions. Stir until sauce thickens.
- Turn off the heat, stir in the scallions and chilies and serve.
Dreaming of an RV with a full kitchen? Stop in and shop our huge selection of new and used RVs at Jim’s RV Center in Nichols, N.Y.
This mouthwatering Super Nacho recipe is exactly what you need to bring some tasty south of the border flavor to your RV this summer.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 bags corn tortilla chips
For the Pico de Gallo Salsa:
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 4 vine ripe tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves (finely chopped)
For the Beef and Bean Topping:
- 1 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dark chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper sauce
- 1 can black beans (drained)
For the Cheese Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 pound pepper jack cheese (shredded)
- 2 cups milk
- Arrange the tortilla chips on a large platter.
- Combine the ingredients for the pico de gallo salsa in a bowl and set them aside.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, then stir in the oil, garlic, onions and peppers. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the meat and crumble it with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Season the meat with cumin, chili powder and cayenne pepper sauce. Cook the meat for 5 minutes, then stir the beans into the mixture and reduce the heat to low.
- Melt the butter in a medium sauce pot and stir in the flour. Cook for 2 minutes, then whisk in the milk. Once milk begins to boil, stir in the cheese until it creates a creamy sauce. Remove from heat.
- Pour the cheese evenly over the chips and top with the beef, beans and pico de gallo.
- Serve hot.
There’s no better time to fill up on your favorite Mexican eats than the summer, and don’t forget to stop and see us at Jim’s RV Center when you’re cruising around in your RV this summer.
There’s no better place to be on Father’s Day than in the Big Apple. There’s something exciting in every corner of the city, whether you’re seeking the perfect Father’s Day meal, a cruise on the Hudson River or a one-of-a-kind marketplace in Brooklyn. The following are just three of the countless things there are to do with your dad in New York City this Father’s Day.
The Brooklyn Makers Market
Discover unique crafts, handmade furniture and more at the Brooklyn Makers Market, held on Saturday, June 18, and Sunday, June 19. The market features handmade goods created by artisans from around the country. Attending the event at 175 Broadway in Brooklyn is free, but you’ll want to bring your wallet to shop and dine with the numerous food vendors that will be on site.
Father’s Day Glass Workshop
There’s nothing quite like building something with your dad, and you can do exactly that in NYC. Let the esteemed glassblowers of Brooklyn Glass guide you through making your very own glass beer mugs. The workshops take place every half hour and are held the Sunday after Father’s Day (June 26), so it’s a perfect event for those who are unable to celebrate the holiday on time this year.
Father’s day Beer Brunch Cruise
Considering a day of drinking and eating with dad in the city? Start with the Father’s Day Beer Brunch Cruise on the Hudson River. Hop aboard a luxurious yacht and enjoy a hearty brunch buffet, live jazz music and all-you-can-drink beer. The event will take place at 12:30 p.m., on Sunday, June 19, and the boat departs from Pier 40 in Soho. Tickets are $70 per person.
Find Dad His Dream RV
If you’re searching for the ultimate Father’s Day gift this June, there’s no better place to shop than here at Jim’s RV Center in Nichols, NY. Our lot is overflowing with the latest and greatest RVs for some of the best prices in the industry.
It already feels like summer here in New York, and there’s no better way to celebrate than with outdoor festivals. The Empire State is bustling with outdoor activities and events that are guaranteed to make your June adventures better than ever before. Fire up your RV and cruise throughout the state to these three must-visit festivals this month.
Lightscapes is a unique event in Hudson, N.Y., that you’ll want to visit every year. This unbeatable nighttime display of jaw-dropping illuminations and sculptures wows ever single attendee. The unique, walk-through, land-art experience takes place at Van Cortlandt Manor until June 12. Adult tickets are $20 and children’s tickets are $16.
The 2016 Mysteryland USA festival is set to take place from June 10 through 13, in Bethel, N.Y. The event will feature everything from street performers, to live music, theater, movies, interactive art, bizarre decorations and awe-inspiring shows. This quirky festival full of fun is equipped with a number of on-site campsites, so you can enjoy all of the action from the comfort and convenience of your home on wheels. Tickets can be purchased on the Mysteryland USA website.
Adirondack Wine and Food Festival
Few things are better than wining and dining amidst the picture-perfect Adirondack Mountains in summertime. Cruise over to Lake George on June 25 and 26, for the annual Adirondack Wine and Food Festival. This favorite event will feature more than 50 New York wineries, local artisanal food vendors, craft breweries, food trucks and so much more. Presale tickets are just $25 per person, and the event will take place from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., on Saturday, and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., on Sunday.
Don’t forget to pay us a visit right here at Jim’s RV in Nichols, N.Y., when you’re out cruising throughout the state in your RV this June. Our lot is loaded with a huge selection of discounted RVs, so you can upgrade your summer before it officially begins.