While New York is most well-known around the world for the city that never sleeps, the incredible camping in our beautiful state often goes unnoticed. Check out some of these amazing winter RV destinations, and you’ll see why camping in New York is some of the best in the country.
Old Forge Camping Resort
If you haven’t been to Old Forge yet, it’s time to go. The Old Forge Camping Resort is not only open in the winter, it’s one of the best places in the state to enjoy all of your favorite outdoor activities like snowmobiling, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, alpine skiing and tons more. Buckle down and spend the entire winter season (from Nov. 1 to April 15) in Old Forge for one low winter rate and have easy access to all of the incredible snowmobile trails the area has to offer.
Frost Ridge Campground
Looking for a winter destination that gives you access to tons of family fun? Look no further than the Frost Ridge Campground – a campground known for its ideal location and exciting activities for the entire family. Located right at the base of the Frost Ridge Ski Area Snow Park and just off of I-90, you’ll never get bored in this area.
Bright Lights Big City
Although New York City isn’t all our state has to offer, it’s definitely worth a visit during the holidays. Park at Liberty Harbor RV Park and catch a tour bus straight into Manhattan to see the gorgeous holiday decorations, ice skate at Rockefeller Center or watch the ball drop on New Year’s Eve.
Jim’s RV Center
When you’re traveling around our beautiful state this winter, don’t forget to stop by Jim’s RV Center to tell us about your New York camping adventures. We’ve got a huge selection of discounted new and used RVs for sale this holiday season, and if you run into any problems with your existing vehicle, our RVIA certified technicians can have you back on the road quickly and safely.
Desserts are some of the best parts of chowing down during the holidays. And just because you’re enjoying the holidays on the road this year, doesn’t mean you have to miss out on your favorite holiday sweets. These dessert recipes are simple and easy to make right in the comfort of your RV.
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat your RV oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a square baking pan (9 inches is preferred).
- Cream the sugar and butter together in a large bowl.
- Beat the egg into the creamed mixture, then stir in the molasses.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and ginger together.
- Blend the flour mixture into the creamed mixture, then stir in your hot water.
- Pour the entire mixture into the baking pan.
- Bake the gingerbread for one hour, then allow it to cool before serving.
Easy Holiday Cake Balls
What you’ll need:
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (18.25 ounces)
- 1 container chocolate frosting (16 ounces)
- 1 bar chocolate-flavored confectioners coating (3 ounces)
- Follow the directions on the box of the cake mix to prepare it properly.
- When the cake is finished baking, crumble the cake (while it is still warm) in a large bowl.
- Stir the frosting into the bowl of warm cake pieces, until they’re fully blended.
- Melt the chocolate coating in the microwave, stirring occasionally until it’s smooth.
- Use a small scoop to form the chocolate cake mixture into balls.
- Dip the balls into the melted chocolate coating using a toothpick.
- Let the chocolate-covered balls cool on wax paper until the coating has settled.
Visit Jim’s RV Center
Make this holiday season the best one yet by shopping for a new or used RV from Jim’s RV Center. And if you’re already in the RV of your dreams, don’t forget about us for all of your other RV needs, from parts and accessories to service and sales.
The senses are one of the best ways to set a mood, and that includes the “holiday spirit.” While the decorations in your RV stimulate the eyes and those holiday jingles playing on the radio stimulate the ears, your nose might be feeling left out.
This doesn’t have to be the case though. There are quick and easy DIY projects you can do in your RV to give your space that holiday smell.
Make Your Own Potpourri Mix
Experiment with your own blend of dried fruits, spices, and flowers. Try things such as cranberries, oranges, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and nutmeg.
This very blend is actually great if you use it to make a stovetop potpourri (while your RV is not in motion, of course).
Take half a cup of fresh cranberries, 1 sliced orange, 4 cinnamon sticks broken in half, 1 tablespoon of cloves, an eighth teaspoon of nutmeg, and 2 or 3 cups of water. Combine all ingredients in a pot and simmer on low heat to fill your space with this Christmas scent.
Buy Scented Candles
Head to any store that sells scented candles and pick out a few that are holiday inspired. This time of year, there ought to be plenty of options on the shelf that are holiday themed. Like the stovetop potpourri, make sure that your RV is not in motion and that the candles are monitored at all times.
Visit Jim’s RV Center
Stop in and see us at Jim’s RV Center this December to tour any RV on the lot. Start 2017 off right with a new motorhome or travel trailer from Jim’s RV Center.
Stay warm this winter with a Class C motorhome from Jim’s RV Center in Nichols, New York.
Class C motorhomes offer the convenience of a motorhome in a smaller, more manageable package. It’s easy to stay warm in a Class C because of how cozy they can be.
2016 Jayco Redhawk 31XL
This 2016 Jayco Redhawk 31XL is in new condition, has two slides, and can sleep up to ten people. It comes with the J-Ride package and customer value package. The kitchen is equipped with a 2 door fridge and microwave. It also comes with a 32″ television.
2017 Fleetwood Jamboree 31U
This 2017 Fleetwood Jamboree 31U is in new condition, has 2 slides, and can sleep up to eight people. The exterior is conveniently equipped with an exterior ladder, lockable storage, electric entry step, mud flaps, running boards, and solar panel prep. Interior comforts include a combo AM/FM/CD/DVD stereo system, a 32″ LED bedroom TV, a 40″ LED front overhead TV, and a residential style fridge.
Visit Jim’s RV Center
Ready to tour our selection of Class C motorhomes? Stop in at Jim’s RV Center today to tour any model we have in stock, to schedule RV service, or to shop for parts and accessories.