Desserts are some of the best parts of chowing down during the holidays. And just because you’re enjoying the holidays on the road this year, doesn’t mean you have to miss out on your favorite holiday sweets. These dessert recipes are simple and easy to make right in the comfort of your RV.
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat your RV oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a square baking pan (9 inches is preferred).
- Cream the sugar and butter together in a large bowl.
- Beat the egg into the creamed mixture, then stir in the molasses.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and ginger together.
- Blend the flour mixture into the creamed mixture, then stir in your hot water.
- Pour the entire mixture into the baking pan.
- Bake the gingerbread for one hour, then allow it to cool before serving.
Easy Holiday Cake Balls
What you’ll need:
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (18.25 ounces)
- 1 container chocolate frosting (16 ounces)
- 1 bar chocolate-flavored confectioners coating (3 ounces)
- Follow the directions on the box of the cake mix to prepare it properly.
- When the cake is finished baking, crumble the cake (while it is still warm) in a large bowl.
- Stir the frosting into the bowl of warm cake pieces, until they’re fully blended.
- Melt the chocolate coating in the microwave, stirring occasionally until it’s smooth.
- Use a small scoop to form the chocolate cake mixture into balls.
- Dip the balls into the melted chocolate coating using a toothpick.
- Let the chocolate-covered balls cool on wax paper until the coating has settled.
Visit Jim’s RV Center
Make this holiday season the best one yet by shopping for a new or used RV from Jim’s RV Center. And if you’re already in the RV of your dreams, don’t forget about us for all of your other RV needs, from parts and accessories to service and sales.