Living the RV lifestyle doesn’t mean you need to simplify your meals or dine at restaurants every night. There are an abundance of easy but flavor-filled recipes available to help you enjoy meals on the road as much as you would at home. This mouthwatering recipe for Empress Chicken Stir Fry will instantly become a family favorite, and it’s ready to eat in just 20 minutes.
Empress Chicken Stir Fry
What you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 3 garlic cloves (peeled and chopped)
- 1 medium onion (peeled and sliced into half moons)
- 2 scallions (finely sliced)
- 4 to 5 dried red chilies (if you like spice)
For the sauce:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 small thumb-size piece of ginger (peeled and grated)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Start by whisking the cornstarch and soy sauce together in a medium-size bowl until the corn starch has dissolved. Whisk the vinegar, ginger, chicken broth and sugar into the mixture. Set the sauce aside.
- Put the chicken pieces and egg into a bowl and mix them together with your fingers.
- Slowly stir in the cornstarch until all of the pieces are evenly coated. Use more cornstarch as needed.
- Place the vegetable oil and chicken in a pan on high heat. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add the garlic and onions and cook for 3 minutes until the onions are translucent. Add the chicken and stir.
- Whisk the sauce, then pour it over the chicken and the onions. Stir until sauce thickens.
- Turn off the heat, stir in the scallions and chilies and serve.