Living life on the road in your RV doesn’t mean you have to eat every meal at unhealthy fast food restaurants. In fact, it’s just as easy for you to pull over and whip up one of these quick snacks in your RV than to wait in the drive-through line at McDonalds.
Italian Sausage, Peppers and Onions
What You’ll Need (for 6 servings):
- 6 sweet Italian sausage links
- 1 large red bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 green bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 yellow onion (sliced)
- 1/2 red onion (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup white wine
- Turn your RV stove on medium heat and brown the sausage in a large skillet, then slice the sausage and set it aside.
- Melt the butter in the same skillet and saute the red onion, yellow onion and garlic for two to three minutes.
- Stir in the green and red peppers, then season the entire combination with the dried basil and oregano.
- Pour in the white wine and continue to cook the entire mixture until the onions are translucent.
- Mix the sausage pieces back into the skillet and reduce the stove’s heat to low. Simmer the entire combination for 15 minutes, then serve.
Chicken BLT Wraps
What You’ll Need:
- 4 flour tortillas
- 8 leaves green leaf lettuce
- 1 package thinly sliced chicken breast (9 ounces total)
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 2 medium tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- Beat the mayonnaise, lemon juice and garlic together in a small bowl.
- Spread the mayonnaise mixture onto one side of each tortilla.
- Spread two lettuce leaves on each tortilla, then add even amounts of chicken and tomatoes on top.
- Sprinkle each wrap with bacon bits.
- Fold one edge of each tortilla up, then roll the sides tightly together.
Get Your New RV at Jim’s RV Center
Are you in need of a new RV for the upcoming summer RV season? Come browse our huge selection of new and used travel trailers, motorhomes, fifth wheels and pop-ups right here at your New York RV dealer — Jim’s RV Center.