Must-Have RV Kitchen Gadgets

Cooking in your RV’s compact kitchen can seem difficult at first. However, with the right set of tools, you can prepare all of your favorite meals and sweet treats while living life on the road. The following are a few must-have kitchen utensils for the upcoming RV season; most can be found at any store that sells kitchenwares as well as our very own RV accessories department at Jim’s RV Center.

Collapsible Everything

If it can collapse, it’s your best friend in the RV. As most any veteran RVer can tell you, about 90% of RVing is being efficient with your space (the other 10% is figuring out where to go next!). Your kitchen especially needs to maximize space. While some RV kitchens aren’t too tight, if it’s a choice between something bulky and something slick, choose slick all day, every day.

When it comes to slick, nothing beats collapsible kitchenwares. Collapsible dish rack, collapsible strainer, collapsible mixing bowls, collapsible measuring cups… heck, if they had a collapsible oven, you’d bet we’d take one!

A Quality Slow Cooker

If you want to cook consistently in your RV’s kitchen and avoid sandwiches and fast food six nights out of the week, you’ve got to get a slow cooker. Even a good one won’t set you back more than $60 and it’ll pay for itself within a month. Slow cookers are perfect for the RV lifestyle, because, let’s face it, you’re traveling to have fun, not play house. A slow cooker means that you can do both: prep your meal in the morning, throw it in the slow cooker, set it for however many hours the recipe calls for, go out and have fun doing recreational type activities, and come back in the later afternoon to a meal that’s ready to go just in time for dinner. Easy.

Fridge Braces

Show me an RVer who has never heard of fridge braces and I’ll show you an RVer who’s cleaned up a fair bit of spilt food and busted containers at the end of a long day of travel. RVs being what they are tend to move throughout a day of travel (you don’t say!). All that movement is bound to shift anything that’s not heavy and strapped down. Your fridge, unfortunately, is usually the earliest and most gruesome casualty. Fridge braces are cheap, plastic, and effective. They’ll hold anything that you don’t want to slide in place through even the bumpiest of rides.

Visit Jim’s RV Center

Find all of these must-have items and countless others, ranging from kitchen appliances to grilling gear, right here at our Jim’s RV Center online parts store.

Share

Leave a Reply

 

 

 

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>